Localization

yareq

26 Apr, 2018 08:39 PM

I installed FC on my private server. All seems to be working fine. Except localization.
I worked locally on translation - I created po and mo files for Polish (sorry, I just now realized it is another way to manage and share translation - I am more than happy to share my files). I placed them in corrrect FC folder, I added PL entry to the language list (to let users select it), and I set it as default.
Unfortunately I am facing the issue described by few users previously: not all pages are displayed translated. Gallery with all other Share pages, Message Board, Settings, Family News, Private Messages are, but Home, Profile, Notifications, Administration aren't.
I reviewed the discussions and I have found some suggestions, but I am not really so familiar with programming and it is not detailed enough for me.
I would appreciate if someone would upload the corrected files so I could compare them with originals - (until this will be fixed I hope soon ;-D)

Best Regards, yareq

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 30 Apr, 2018 04:17 PM

https://github.com/ryanhowdy/fcms/commit/3a9ccef062e314c762fea7f9b1...

That is a view of what code needs to change in order to fix your problem. The code on the right is the correct way.

I know that isn't easy, but it's the best I can do until the next version is released.

2. 2 Posted by yareq on 30 Apr, 2018 07:18 PM

Thanks so much!!!
    It seems almost works fine now. I wrote almost, as I can see upgrade page not translated. But this is not really a problem for me.

Again - thank you very much!!!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 30 Apr, 2018 07:19 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info, I will look into the upgrade page to see if additional changes need to be made.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac