Install Failing

Patrick

31 Mar, 2019 09:03 PM

I am manually installing the software and I succeed in getting to the point of entering the database information during the install script. I get the "Awesome" message confirming database connection but after selecting all the optional plugins and clicking install, it goes to the blue screen and never completes the install. A look at the database shows that it never gets populated.

I am running PHP 7.3 and all steps of the install instructions were followed. I am an experienced website admin. Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Thanks,

PAtrick

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 09 Apr, 2019 01:21 AM

Without the error log, i'm not real sure what the problem could be.

Have you looked through the logs for anything?

2. 2 Posted by Stephen Hendric... on 18 Apr, 2019 03:15 PM

Cannot find a log

3. 3 Posted by zs on 26 Jun, 2019 08:12 PM

problem after installation
    Empty data base no tables crated and error like prscr

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 27 Jun, 2019 05:03 PM

These are all php 7 problems

5. 5 Posted by Beverley on 22 Aug, 2019 08:43 PM

Hi, I'm getting the same: starting right at install - messages across the screen as follows:
    Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 48

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; FileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 84

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; CachedFileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 145

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; gettext_reader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\gettext.php on line 36

completing the install brings up total blue screen with the following messages:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 48

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; FileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 84

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; CachedFileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 145

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; gettext_reader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\gettext.php on line 36

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ImageCreateFromBMP() in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\utils.php on line 3647

Whether or not it is a php 7 problem - I am running php 7, any idea how to correct the problem would be appreciated. From what I can see this seems to be an excellent script, it certainly deserves a chance to be put right if that's possible.
    thanks in advance

6. 6 Posted by Bill on 05 Feb, 2020 06:33 AM

Also confirmed, doesn't install and just looks at you stupid. Nothing other than an error 500 in IIS logs on step 5. PHP 7.3 installed. Running other forums and tree programs that use mySQL just fine. Even tried to give it its own PHP library set. I have seen this with other apps on github and my guess its mSQL version. Didnt notice a check or a pre-req for it.

Found a log file called index in the file structure downloaded but it was empty.
    Php logs don't have anything about the app.

IIS logs gave nothing other than a 500. My guess its the mSQL lines of code.

Dont wast your time...it dont install in windows.

Looks like it would be cool. If the installer don't work, i can just imagine the runtime bugs. Garbage!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 05 Feb, 2020 05:44 PM

All of these problems are php 7.

Currently it just doesn't work with php 7.

8. 8 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 08:24 PM

Maybe add a check bro. Your doing some form of check.

Sent from....

9. 9 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 08:26 PM

Like your already checking if it’s > php 5. Maybe add a <7 in that statement also

Sent from....

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 05 Feb, 2020 08:39 PM

Yes, I could do that, or better yet, I could just update it to work with php7.

The problem is time. I haven't had the time to keep up with it in quite a while.

I do have a beta version I've been working with over the last year or so that should fix most of if not all of these type of php 7 related issues.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 05 Feb, 2020 08:41 PM

https://github.com/ryanhowdy/fcms/archive/3.8.0.zip

That is untested, but I think would work for php 7.

12. 12 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 08:45 PM

Understandable. Just thought this would be cool so my very large family can stay connected as some like myself really don’t like Facebook. I don’t have an issue running another binary set it’s just I’m not really sure in the long run what that could do for version 7 with a possible mix of Dll files. I’d rather have the one with multiple ini files for the differences with session use from one app to the next.

I’ll keep any eye open for when you manage to get caught up.

Cheers.

Sorry about the garbage comment. I was frustrated at that moment. Was on my 10th attempt thinking it was me. I honestly Can’t really make that call till I see what it can do.

Sent from....

13. 13 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 08:51 PM

Your app basically can replace this:

Http://elterfamily.ca

Basically I wanna glue everything together; and your app sounded very promising for it. I’m a software guy very little coding outside vs. I’d do my own but I’d prob take years. I’m pretty tech savvy. Read lots and pretty much how I stay on top. Can pretty much figure out anything.

If you have like a software update push email system you can add me. Be perfect for our reunions and my religious aunts

Sent from....

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 05 Feb, 2020 09:05 PM

Everything you are saying is exactly why I built it in the first place. I even had a site similar to yours before i started.

15. 15 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 09:09 PM

Thanks, I’ll try that out and let you know what I find.
    I do this a lot at work too. We just released a new version today actually of our scada platform.

Sent from....

16. 16 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 09:19 PM

You come from a large family too eh?

My family kinda consumes lots of farm lots along a highway in northern
    alberta. Some left as far as Australia. But with the way facebook has
    become its hard to stay plugged in. We had a reunion few years back and
    someone asked about starting a site before till they found facebook groups.
      I really don't want to put stuff there anymore and this way i have
    backups, can rip discs as required for others...that kinda stuff.

Ill give this a try and let you know what i find guy.

17. 17 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 09:30 PM

You rock. I’ll keep you updated.

Sent from....

18. 18 Posted by Bill Elter on 05 Feb, 2020 09:55 PM

Hey bud,

Had an issue with the login bit. Complained about a depreciated function. Found it in fcms.php where it was being used in the function call fixmagicquotes. I commented out the if statement to get passed the login error. Just kept saying denied to see that page. Once commented out it got in. I also had to change the Ini to use session ID as my forum uses the domain name.

Time to play.

Bill

Sent from....

19. 19 Posted by Bill Elter on 08 Feb, 2020 04:49 AM

Have played around a bit. Does have some features that would be cool if they would work.

Facebook integration is dead. Looked at the code and compared to the developer api; the sdk isn’t required anymore. It’s going to pull it from crapbook!

Google seemed to just spit out the api configuration. Blame that part on them. Really don’t have money to pay for sdk use.

The parts that don’t require apis seems alright. Would be cool if YouTube was an option with option to use maybe local stores instead. I use hidden links as YouTube doesn’t allow some stuff when it comes to audio as of now. Muted videos because of background playing music is ridiculous.

Might need to wait till you investing time to develop further.

Also implode errors present with logins to apis.

Sent from....

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac