Install Failing

Patrick

31 Mar, 2019 09:03 PM

I am manually installing the software and I succeed in getting to the point of entering the database information during the install script. I get the "Awesome" message confirming database connection but after selecting all the optional plugins and clicking install, it goes to the blue screen and never completes the install. A look at the database shows that it never gets populated.

I am running PHP 7.3 and all steps of the install instructions were followed. I am an experienced website admin. Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Thanks,

PAtrick

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 09 Apr, 2019 01:21 AM

Without the error log, i'm not real sure what the problem could be.

Have you looked through the logs for anything?

2. 2 Posted by Stephen Hendric... on 18 Apr, 2019 03:15 PM

Cannot find a log

3. 3 Posted by zs on 26 Jun, 2019 08:12 PM

problem after installation
    Empty data base no tables crated and error like prscr

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 27 Jun, 2019 05:03 PM

These are all php 7 problems

5. 5 Posted by Beverley on 22 Aug, 2019 08:43 PM

Hi, I'm getting the same: starting right at install - messages across the screen as follows:
    Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 48

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; FileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 84

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; CachedFileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 145

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; gettext_reader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\gettext.php on line 36

completing the install brings up total blue screen with the following messages:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 48

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; FileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 84

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; CachedFileReader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\streams.php on line 145

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; gettext_reader has a deprecated constructor in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\thirdparty\php-gettext\gettext.php on line 36

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ImageCreateFromBMP() in C:\laragon\www\boots\familyconnections\inc\utils.php on line 3647

Whether or not it is a php 7 problem - I am running php 7, any idea how to correct the problem would be appreciated. From what I can see this seems to be an excellent script, it certainly deserves a chance to be put right if that's possible.
    thanks in advance

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Aug, 2019 08:43 PM
19 Apr, 2019 12:58 PM
18 Apr, 2019 03:28 PM