login and changing password problems

kjanina438

30 Apr, 2020 07:51 PM

Hi,
We have created the main members in our family connection site but for some reason when try to login again using the username we created (for individual members) and the initial password it keeps telling the person that it's not right. If we try one more time it says locked out for too many attempts.
So I go to the database and it doesn't even show any login attempts.
It also seems like the dates in the database are stuck on one specific date. (members added on 4.29 show added 4/23)
Logins show 0000000

1. 1 Posted by kjanina438 on 01 May, 2020 03:04 PM

Ok database is now showing logins and attempts but still having issues with usernames and password.
    We get the following:
    "Oops!

That login information wasn't quite right.

Be sure and check that you typed your username/password correctly."

We have tried copying the exact username in the administration panel and then using it with forgot pass, use the reset password from administrator email and still the same message.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ryan Haudenschi... on 05 May, 2020 05:54 PM

This is a new site using version 3.7.0?

3. 3 Posted by kjanina438 on 05 May, 2020 08:28 PM

Yes it is a new site.

4. 4 Posted by kjanina438 on 05 May, 2020 08:44 PM

Also I have another question (but I don't want to sound stupid)
    next tp the ,php for a language selection there is a number after the .php:#
    What that number be for. I want to know as I will be doing a Polish translation but don't want to mess things up.

5. 5 Posted by kjanina438 on 10 May, 2020 04:36 PM

The login problem hac been fixed. Here is what I did :
    I have been using Softaculous script installer for this program.Three times I had downloaded the program. Same place everytime and each time it said 3.70 version but it was not until the last time that I noticed the change in the drop date section for year choice. In the first two the last date 2018, but the last one had 2020 on it. Mysteriously this one sorted out the problem.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac