Missing posts on front page.

07 Mar, 2018 06:12 PM

I recently updated from 3.6.2 to 3.7.0 and now when attempting to add a message to the front page, the message vanishes. The site must detect the addition because it sends out an e-mail notification but the message itself is nowhere to be seen. Also when adding something to Family news, the post is there but again nothing in the front page. Surprisingly (to me), adding documents and something on the message board do put a message on the front page.
Side note, a long long time ago I had great difficulty when updating from 3.2 to 3.4. To get it to work I had to manually modify the dBase. I believe the manual patch was good and everything has been working up until now.
What can I send you in the way of logs etc. to assist?

1. 1 Posted by GregLeonhardt on 12 Mar, 2018 02:19 PM

I rechecked the dBase compared my current dBase to a bare mettle install of 3.7.0 and can't find any differences. While the new install of 3.7.0 was working, I expected it would, when I restored my backup it stopped. In the end I opted to install 3.6.2 on the new server and after the restore, everything is working again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac